Located in the heart of Silicon Slopes, the Cornerstone office in Sandy, Utah, is the company’s second U.S. hub and is the newest addition to our expanding list of offices around the world. The 27,000-sq.-ft. office features contemporary and highly collaborative work space with expansive views overlooking the Salt Lake Valley and the beautiful mountains of the Wasatch Front. The office is currently home to 100+ Cornerstone employees primarily on our Finance, Engineering and Client Success teams. We are currently recruiting for senior and staff-level positions in all departments and have plans to triple in size over the next few years. The office is led by industry veteran Trish Coughlin, Chief Accounting Officer, who has 25+ years leading world-class Finance teams.
You will report directly to the Senior Manager in charge of Revenue Recognition. You will assist and be responsible for accounting and finance related functions such as, revenue recognition, monthly and quarterly close, audit support, and SOX compliance.
We are looking for someone who is honest, hard-working, and detail oriented, possesses critical thinking and analytical skills, and is able to interact with management on a daily basis. You must be focused, intelligent, flexible and able to have fun. We provide an attractive environment for career advancement in a fast-moving technology company.
In this role you will...
- Ensure revenue is booked accurately and in accordance with US GAAP guidelines under ASC 606, Revenue from Contracts with Customers
- Assist in and review accounting for complex revenue recognition transactions
- Assist in all day-to-day accounting and finance related functions for our internal and external financial statements
- Identify and help drive process improvements
- Assist in all areas of the order to cash lifecycle
- Assist in the monthly close, including significant technical work with revenue and deferred revenue
- Assist in ad hoc finance and accounting related projects
You’ve got what it takes if you have…
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field; or equivalent experience
- 3+ years total experience
- Proficient in Excel and other MS Office software
- The ability to quickly learn technical guidance and apply to internal processes
- Proven experience working in a dynamic team focused on meeting deadlines
- Consideration for privacy and security obligations
You’ve got an extra dose of awesome if you have…
- CPA highly preferred
- Software (SaaS) industry experience highly preferred
- Knowledge of NetSuite ARM preferred
Our mission is to empower people, businesses and communities. A culture created less by what we do and more by who we are. When people are asked to describe the team, the answer is always the same: Smart, Cool, Dependable, and Visionary. We are not a typical tech company (even with our unlimited vacation, paid sabbaticals, generous stock units, education reimbursement, because, well, our employees aren't your typical techies...)
We're always on the lookout for new, curious and capable people who can help us achieve our goal. So if you want to work for a friendly, global and innovative company, we'd love to meet you! What are you waiting for?
What We Do:
Cornerstone OnDemand (NASDAQ: CSOD) was founded with a passion for empowering people through learning and a conviction that people should be your organization’s greatest competitive advantage. Cornerstone is a global human capital management (HCM) leader with a core belief that companies thrive when they help their employees to realize their potential. Putting this belief into practice, Cornerstone offers solutions to help companies strategically manage and continuously develop their talent throughout the entire employee lifecycle. Cornerstone’s HCM platform is successfully used by more than 75 million people in 180+ countries and in 40+ languages.
Check us out on Linkedin, The Muse, Glassdoor, and Facebook!
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental commitment at Cornerstone OnDemand. All qualified applicants are given consideration regardless of race, religion, color, gender, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class as provided in applicable Federal, State, or Local fair employment laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please go to https://cornerstone.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/15/home?c=cornerstone#/requisition/4538&source=UtahBlackChamber to apply