apply at https://suu.applicantpro.com/jobs/1549295.html
The principal function of this position is to manage the Festival's Words Cubed new play program and to assist and support the Artistic Director of the Utah Shakespeare Festival in implementing the artistic vision and strategic goals for the organization, including the management of day-to-day artistic operations and seasonal oversight.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- With oversight from the Artistic Director, manage the Festival's Word's Cubed new play program each season. This includes shaping the overall goals of the program, play selection, solicitations and commissions, casting, contracting, and all administrative responsibilities, including maintaining relationships with playwrights and agents nationally.
- Participate in season selection and planning which includes the development of the seasonal calendar, the selection of seasonal artistic staff, and the casting of the performing company (including understudy assignments).
- Support the long-range planning of the Festival under the direction of the Artistic Director.
- Perform administrative duties including (but not limited to) working with the Artistic Director and the business office in hiring processes, contracting, and budgeting; working with the AD in communication with the artistic company; serving as Administrator on Duty when scheduled to do so during the summer performance season.
- In collaboration with the Artistic Director, provide artistic oversight for multiple productions as assigned. This includes attending design and production meetings, technical and dress rehearsals, and preview and opening performances.
- Serve as a member of senior staff and as a leader for the organization through close collaboration with other senior staff, Festival departments, the Festival board, and other relevant stakeholders.
- Perform artistic duties on at least one production each season as assigned by the Artistic Director (i.e. directing, dramaturgy, and/or voice and speech as appropriate).
- In collaboration with the Artistic Director and the Director of Education, participate in programming and audience engagement in the Festival seminar grove.
- This position includes paid leave time to work on one production with an outside professional theatre each season as approved by the Artistic Director.