The Festival Manager, Production Vendors is charged with managing production equipment vendors, related contracts, and delivery and installation of equipment during Sundance Institute events.
Working closely under the direction of the Manager, Onsite Technical Production, the Festival Manager, Production Vendors supports Sundance Institute’s commitment to fulfilling the vision of a successful and positive event experience for all artists and patrons.
This full-time, temporary position is based out of our Park City, Utah office from Tuesday, October 12, 2021 through Friday, February 25, 2022 with regular opportunities to work from home. This role is expected to work extended hours, including some evenings, weekends, and holidays to meet deadlines and respond to on-call needs as assigned.
Top priorities include but are not limited to…
- Implementing procedures for procuring and delivering rental equipment and communicating procedures and timelines with vendors.
- Negotiating rental equipment vendor contracts.
- Scheduling and conducting meetings with internal departments to plan for rental equipment load-in, load-out, etc.
- Performing constant communication with internal departments and vendors regarding equipment plans.
- Updating equipment orders and service dates in the overarching timeline and confirming orders and expenditures.
- Participating in servicing various department, event and venue production needs as directed.
- Entering and maintaining all equipment information and updating the Vendor Equipment Request Form (VERF) in the department database.
- Scheduling and conducting trainings on preferred vendors, equipment use and safety, ordering procedures, deadlines, the database, etc., including scheduling vendors for specific trainings.
- With the Manager, planning venue access and departure dates.
- Serving as the point of contact for communication with Fire Marshal requests to vendors, as needed.
- Completing pre- and post-event inventory of rental equipment to ensure all items are received, functioning, damages are noted, and tracking disbursement and return.
- Overseeing the loading and unloading of venues while working with vendors to ensure site plan is executed and venue is returned to proper layout.
- Performing continual check-ins with venues to ensure equipment functionality and safety.
- Managing replacement or repair of defective, broken, or non-functional rental equipment.
- Scheduling and overseeing weather mat and linen replacement.
- Managing billing and reconciliation of invoices, including saving receipts, applying proper budget codes, acquiring signatures, conducting replenishment spending for the end of the Fiscal Year, and communicating outstanding invoice issues to the Manager.
- Meeting with colleagues from the Operation Department post-event to review the equipment order report and gather wrap information.
- Writing and mailing thank-yous and delivering them to vendors as directed.
- Updating procedures and processes to ensure accurate information for the current season.
- Working on special projects to prepare for the Sponsor Summit, seasonal office moves, or replacing the Equipment Database.
- Completing comprehensive written wrap reports post-event.
You have the following direct or transferable skill sets:
- Legal authorization to work in the United States.
- Valid driver’s license and successful completion of DMV background check.
- 3 years experience in managing large scale event production.
- Strong leadership skills with a background that includes demonstrated excellence in managing employees.
- Working knowledge of databases along with proficiency in Microsoft and Google Products.
- Outstanding verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills to work effectively with a wide variety of people.
- Excellent organizational skills including the ability to self-manage a work schedule and prioritize.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Ability to move and lift items that weigh 50-75 lbs chest high.
You will be successful in this role if you...
- Exude operational excellence and problem-solve within your work and the work of the team so change can happen quickly and efficiently.
- Help to motivate and rally the team around common goals.
- Communicate clearly with internal and external stakeholders of varying levels and positions.
- Provide stakeholders with turnkey spaces that facilitate their event vision.
- Remain organized to keep yourself accountable for meeting deadlines.
- Successfully stay within the approved fiscal year budget for all areas of responsibility.
In addition to a weekly pay of $969.20, this position comes with awesome benefits & perks, including:
Click here to apply today!
- Eligibility for paid sick leave and holidays
- Sundance Film Festival passes and benefits (varies each year)
- Limited employee assistance program