The Manager, Operations is charged with overseeing operations for Sundance Film Festival theaters and supporting operations for Labs and Community Programs throughout the year.
Working closely under the direction of the Senior Manager, Production Operations and in collaboration with Festival Leadership, the Manager develops and implements theater operation plans for the Sundance Film Festival, including managing access control and training and directing theater staff and volunteers.
This full-time position is based out of our Park City, Utah office with regular opportunities to work from home. This role will be required to work extended hours, including mornings, evenings, and weekends at key points throughout the year and will be lodged in Park City, Utah during the annual Sundance Film Festival.
Top priorities include but are not limited to…
- Creating, implementing, and annually updating operational and logistical plans to manage theater operations (TOPS) and improve the overall audience experience of the Festival, including the look and feel of venues and resolution of signage, equipment, and audience issues during the annual Sundance Film Festival.
- Managing the TOPS budget and timelines, ensuring adherence to procedures and deadlines related to theaters across multiple departments and stakeholders.
- Collaborating closely with the Volunteer Department to recruit and assign theater management teams, create and conduct volunteer training, and to provide volunteer resolution for all year-round needs.
- Collaborating with other departments to establish and create training plans and content, conduct training, and prepare for current and future year-round needs.
- Hiring and managing seasonal staff and volunteers, including training highly effective individuals, delegating appropriate and meaningful work while providing direction, feedback, and support to ensure employees and volunteers understand responsibilities and are effective in their roles.
- Working closely with the Ticketing Department to review and update access control, waitlist, and other ticketing operations plans and procedures.
- Working with the Programming Department on film slotting plans as it relates to theaters, contracts, and physical spaces.
- Managing contract negotiations for all theaters and building relationships with theater owners.
- Working closely with Artist Relations and Media Relations to coordinate press line operations and artist/film team hospitality at theaters.
- Research and development of innovative solutions for theatre management, including exploring a seat reservations system.
- Modifying and updating all processes pertaining to; ingress/egress, press lines, green rooms, scheduling, and safety plans for theaters.
- Identifying logistical, personnel, and audience issues at theaters and providing quick resolution.
- Conducting routine walk-throughs of venues leading up to and during the Festival.
- Supporting the Festival Wrap Process for the Operations Department, including collecting wrap reports from employees, consolidating information to create a comprehensive report for internal review, and implementing action items for improvements into workflows in preparation for the next year’s Festival.
- Coordinating annual summer Utah Community Program venue operations for screenings and other events.
- Supporting Artist Programs at the Sundance Resort as needed.
You have the following direct or transferable skill sets:
- Legal authorization to work in the United States.
- 3 years experience in venue management, operations, or related.
- Strong leadership skills with a background that includes demonstrated excellence in managing employees.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Strong project management, problem solving, and conflict management skills.
- Ability to build strong relationships while working across the organization in order to drive results.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Products.
You will be successful in this role if you...
- Problem-solve within your work while implementing best practices to embrace change.
- Effectively manage and motivate those you are leading and help to rally the team around common goals.
- Communicate clearly with internal and external stakeholders of varying levels and positions.
- Effectively manage projects to keep yourself and your team accountable for meeting deadlines and milestones.
In addition to an annual salary of $50,400.00, this position comes with awesome benefits & perks, including:
Click here to apply today!
- 25 paid holidays
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Paid sick, family, and medical leave
- 401(k) with automatic 3% employer contribution after one year of employment
- Sundance Film Festival passes and benefits (varies each year)
- Mission driven workplace and amazing co-workers