Responsibility for building quality into manufacturing processes to support customers, suppliers, and operations in the areas of customer complaints, internal/external corrective actions, supplier evaluations, and identifying CTQ (critical to quality) requirements. Able to utilize statistical tools to identify gaps in quality requirements focused on reducing variation in a ISO9000 certified facility.
Essential Job Functions
Other Job Functions
- Work with management to execute projects that improve the QMS (Quality Management System)
- Able to dimensionally inspect and qualify new product parts or parts from new suppliers to ensure they meet quality requirements (First Article Inspection, FAI).
- Manage, maintain, and track calibration of quality tools used throughout the business.
- Participate in cross-functional teams across the business to improve business processes and systems.
- Ownership of corrective action and preventative action activities.
- Understanding and experience working with change control processes.
- Collaborate with purchasing to develop inspection criteria at suppliers to reduce incoming inspection requirements.
- Lead BU customer RMA items from receipt to closure, using the Quality staff support as required.
- Be capable of generating and presenting to world-wide customers problems and actions taken through a quality resolution framework and with supporting detail.
- Collaborate with manufacturing to build quality into standard work and establish mistake proofing activities to reduce finished goods inspection requirements.
- Participate and execute actions related to quality improvements utilizing lean manufacturing principles.
- Participate and lead Material Review Board (MRB) process to determine disposition decisions on non-conforming parts.
- Assist team as needed on incoming inspection of components and finish goods inspections.
- Lead the effort to develop and improve a quality system that maintains our ISO certification and effectively meets Trebor needs.
- Creatively apply quality engineering principles in reports and to incoming, in-process and field defects.
- Provide training as required to hold the teams accountable and compliant to standards.
- Effectively produce written documents such as technical reports or procedures/ work instructions that can be utilized to create standard work
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Physical Activities Required to Perform Essential Functions
- Active member of site Material Review Board
- Active member of site Productivity Efforts (identifying, executing, and quantifying impacts).
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds frequently.
- Visual acuity, close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- General manufacturing environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quality or engineering discipline.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in quality engineering or quality management; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency with QA methodology, processes and deliverables in a manufacturing environment.
- Proficient in the application of quality measurement tools to complete inspection of parts to identify conformance and meet design specifications.
- High degree of accuracy and thoroughness.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and other quality related software programs.
- Familiarity with fundamentals of ISO 9000 or equivalent
- Understanding of Statistical Process Control (SPC).
- Ability to read mechanical and electronic drawings and schematic diagrams.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills, including attention to detail; strong questioning and listening skills; and the ability to look beyond obvious answers in order to understand the impact on other areas.
- Good mathematical skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills and experience working with formal root cause analysis tools (5 Why, 8D, Fishbone).
- Proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and consistently meet deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to plan and implement resolutions to problems.
- Ability to communicate between various organizations and influence cross-functional teams on quality related projects.
- Ability to make effective presentations to all levels of the organization.
- ASQ CQA/CQE/CMQ Certification is a plus.
- Six Sigma Black Belt training and certification, desired.
- Experience with Infor Visual ERP, a plus
- Some business travel will be required
Are you ready to join a different kind of company where our people, our culture, and our commitments are centered around providing trusted solutions that improve lives around the world?
TREBOR Int./IDEX Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity, equity and inclusion.
How to apply: Visit Website – follow steps to submit resume