DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Talent & Organizational Development
- Lead Human Resources organization for the global organization with accountability for the design, delivery and execution of HR strategy, systems, and services.
- Shape and influence the development and execution of key business plans and objectives.
- Provide primary HR interface and act as a strategic business partner and problem solver to executive leaders across the company. Proactively engage and collaborate with executive team on the business short- and long-term strategic business plans and ensure HR programs and initiatives are aligned with business priorities and objectives.
- As the champion of the company culture, ensure a clear connection exists between the company’s mission, words, actions, and incentives.
- Operationalize the unique company culture at a global scale from a people, talent, culture and organizational structure perspective, while continuing to deliver on the financial commitments.
- Build and lead a highly experienced team of global experts with strong service orientation and the ability to work seamlessly across organizational boundaries to make significant and sustained improvements.
- Support the company’s acquisition of new businesses from due diligence to post deal integration activities. Lead all HR related acquisition activities, including talent assessment, retention programs and integration efforts.
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the company’s organizational dynamics as well as the ability to identify the impact of external and internal trends on the business.
- Lead by example with respect to company’s values.
HR Infrastructure & Compliance
- Build upon company’s competitive advantage through driving a strong culture of employee engagement and further enhance a diverse and inclusive workplace that enables all employees to maximize their contribution.
- Ensure alignment and effective implementation of strategic initiatives through smart organizational design and change management practices.
- Develop and implement progressive global talent acquisition, management and succession planning programs and tools to ensure development and retention of top talent.
- Develop and implement workforce planning strategies and tactics to manage the evolving staffing needs of the organization effectively and proactively.
- Build and lead a high-performance strategic business partner HR team, creating clear and focused roles, responsibilities, and objectives. Increase skill base and credentials of the team through mentoring and performance management.
- Provide leadership and oversight for the development and delivery of company’s compensation, incentive, and benefit programs at all levels, ensuring competitiveness and alignment with the company’s policies.
- Enhance human resources information systems in collaboration with IT organization, ensure ongoing development of performance indicators and workforce analytics for decision making.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable country and local level labor policies, laws, and regulations.
- Maintain awareness of the regulatory environment and implement changes where necessary.
- Ensure all human resources management policies and practices are maintained, with regard for the company Code of Conduct and Professional Ethics, as well as local labor laws in all locations.
- Deliver and maintain effective internal communication systems.
- Ensure Corporate Governance standards are met.
The CHRO will report directly to the CEO. The CHRO will have functional responsibility for an HR team of nearly 100 professionals located across North America, Europe and Asia.
Peers to the CHRO include all direct reports to the CEO and various regional business and franchise executives across the world. This role will require close partnership with these regional partners to drive the company’s core values, culture and HR consistency and performance across the globe.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Human Resources or a related degree is required. Master’s degree or MBA and graduation from an Executive leadership curriculum or program are preferred.
- At least 15 years of diverse experience in progressively senior and global HR roles in a multinational and complex organization is required.
- Minimum of 10 years progressive experience in leading an integrated Human Resources function is required. Experience leading an HR function within a highly innovative technology or manufacturing industry is preferred.
- Proven experience working directly with the senior leadership of an organization as an advisor in which keen business acumen, understanding of financials, profit and loss and business and market trends as it relates to the HR function were critical to the success of the business is required.
- Demonstrated experience in leading cultural change, acting as a transformational change agent and influencing across functional lines and at all levels of the organization is required.
- Previous experience or ability to work in a highly matrixed and global environment is required.
- Demonstrated ability to work in an entrepreneurial and fast-paced environment, with the ability to lead and adapt in a changing business environment is required.
- Willingness to travel as necessary for the role, which will include international travel is required.
KEY ACCOMPLISHMENTS (in the first 6 to 12 months in this position)
- Develop a comprehensive knowledge and personally own all aspects of the Company’s HR function. Establish strong rapport and credibility with the CEO, Board Members, Executive Team, and employees. Become a trusted advisor within the organization.
- Establish a clear vision and strategy for aligning the global HR organizational structure, processes and talent to the short and long-term strategic vision and objectives of the company. Rally support and engagement with executive team, employees, and partners.
- Assess and make recommendations to the executive team and Board on competitive and consistent incentive compensation structure and policies that can be implemented globally.
- Asses, design and implement talent acquisition and development strategies, adjusted to unique regional needs, to address key retention issues and talent gaps across the organization.
Silvester & Company Executive Search (On behalf of $1B med-device manufacturer)