Chatbooks is hoping to find a proactive, can-do Product Marketing Manager to jump right in to working with our fun, fast-moving, all-star team. In particular, this role will work on cross-company initiatives to drive the continued success of our newest photo book subscription product, Monthbooks.
As a Product Marketing Manager, you will be a key liaison of marketing goals and an advocate for our customer. You will constantly be thinking about how we can meet our key marketing metrics, which will (almost always!) also mean you will be thinking about how we can best position our product to meet our customer’s needs. That means you will need to be a strong storyteller with the ability to get a point across—in slides, writing, and when presenting to various audiences. You will (hopefully quickly!) get up to speed on what our customer wants and how our product solves her problems, where she lives online, what she cares about—and you’ll represent this across the company, especially in partnership with the Product team. You’ll also represent the Chatbooks brand across all touchpoints, helping to keep everything about our customer experience aligned with our easy, fun, family oriented mission.
In this role, you will wear a ton of hats, and your work is going to look different every day. There is a lot to do, and we need a Product Marketing Manager who won’t hesitate to raise their hand and say “I can figure out how to do that!” You must be comfortable doing things that you aren’t already comfortable doing. Which means, it is far more important to us that you have an excellent attitude and flawless follow through than a long list of specific skills. This role calls for a professional figure-outer!
The ideal candidate brings previous experience working on a marketing team, and preferably in a Direct to Consumer brand. Because we are very data-driven, we want you to come to the table with an understanding of marketing personas, customer lifecycle, audience segmentation, different marketing channels, and key marketing metrics.
- As an extremely collaborative company, the ideal Product Marketing Manager candidate will seamlessly flex between brainstorming strategies and rolling up their sleeves to do the work. No day will be the same given the fast pace of this high-growth company and the varied work that this lean marketing team is responsible for shipping every week. Examples of tasks that would fall on a day-to-day to do list include (but are by no means are limited to):
- Regularly looking at customer data to understand behavior and trends to continually identify points in the marketing conversion funnel that can be optimized
- Creating campaigns to increase bottom line revenue
- Brainstorming with the creative team to develop a new set of Tik Tok ads to promote a recent product launch
- Workshopping with the marketing team to define key value propositions by product to share across the company as talking points each quarter
- Concepting and writing campaign messaging and assets, such as promo campaigns
- Partnering with the operations team to build the marketing campaign calendar, taking into account seasonality, market trends, and key product-purchase intent moments
- Analyzing a recent merchandising A/B test that re-ordered products on the website and in the app to make a recommendation on the best path forward, and next merchandising test
- Joining user interviews to listen to real customers share their experience with creating a Chatbooks Monthbook collection, then turning those conversations into actionable insights
Qualifications and skills that will help you succeed in this role
*We are open about the years of experience you bring to the table. Whether you are new in your career, coming back to work after a break, or bring several years of experience, if the job description sounds like you, we hope you’ll apply. We’ll work with you to align an offer that fairly reflects your experience.
**Considering the writing skills, relationship building and attention to detail required for success in this position, a personalized cover letter is going to give your job application a big leg up. We look forward to reading yours and getting to know more about you!
- Previous experience working on a marketing team.
- Super proactive about projects + work to do
- A great attitude and always up to help
- A team player—makes an effort to communicate and build relationships across teams
- Comfortable designing slides and presenting to varied audiences, ranging from interns to executives
- Loves an agenda and powers through a to-do list
- Synthesizes ideas into short bullets and tables well
- Strong writing and storytelling skills
- Very organized
- Drives a hard deadline (and always meets them)
- Finds solutions, not problems, to get products shipped and upleveled
Benefits & Perks You’ll Enjoy
- 100% Coverage of medical, dental, and vision, group life and long-term disability insurance
- Generous paid Parental Leave
- Paid Holidays & Unlimited PTO with a recommendation to take 1 week off every quarter
- Two week Winter Break
- Stock option grants
- 401k/Retirement Plan
- Office Located in the heart of Silicon Slopes with the option to work 100% remotely
- Company sponsored WFH Setup