Under general supervision and following established procedures and methods to ensure conformance to specifications: receive incoming parts/materials, conduct incoming inspection of parts/materials, and perform shipping functions. Provide support for various assigned activities in the Quality department and in support of other departments as appropriate. Maintain appropriate records.
Essential Job Functions
Other Job Functions
- Conduct incoming inspection of parts/materials, both standard and basic FAI
- Document inspection results indicating acceptance/rejection
- Initiate nonconformance reports when part or product nonconformance is identified
- Ensure isolation and quarantine maintenance of nonconforming parts and products
- Transfer parts into inventory/quarantine via computer ERP system and physically to stock or quarantine location
- Maintain the quality, condition and cleanliness of all instruments and equipment in the inspection work area
Physical Activities Required to Perform Essential Functions
- Complete in-process and final inspection of parts and products
- Handle and transport materials following accepted operating and safe practice procedures.
- Work in a team environment to propose and implement process and resource improvements related to team activities
- Occasional material receiving duties
- Maintain regular and reliable attendance
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds frequently, operate forklift, climb ladder and maneuver around stored boxes
- Visual acuity needed for close detail work and computer use
- General manufacturing environment
- High School diploma or equivalent required; 1 year of experience in a manufacturing environment successfully discharging responsibilities similar to those listed above preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings/blueprints, specifications, written procedures and work instructions
- Ability to read and interpret inspection equipment such as micrometers, calipers, dial indicators and functional gauging (attributes)
- Basic computer skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers, and work within a team environment
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills required.
- Experience completing calibration of tooling/equipment and maintaining related records preferred
- Strong ethics
IDEX is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran or any other characteristic protected by law.