Chatbooks is looking for an energetic and experienced Marketing Director who can concept and lead out on both big picture strategic initiatives and tactical, day-to-day execution. This person will be a right hand to the CMO, and will be completely responsible for multiple areas of the marketing department.
The ideal candidate brings deep experience in consumer brands (ideally past marketing experience in Direct to Consumer brands), and the ability to connect with Chatbooks customers and what those customers need and want in 2021.
- This role will own the following areas at a minimum, and may potentially add on other verticals depending on experience and passion:
- Product Marketing, including integration with the Product development teams: driving our product portfolio pricing, positioning, and promotion; and owning competitive research
- Campaigns, including all go to market, strategic tentpole, and seasonal campaigns
- Brand Voice and Positioning across all channels
- PR, Partnerships, Influencers, more
- As an extremely collaborative company, the ideal candidate will seamlessly flex between offering strategic guidance and rolling up their sleeves to do the work. No day will be the same given the fast pace of this high-growth company and the varied work that this lean marketing team is responsible for shipping every week. Examples of tasks that would fall on a day-to-day to do list include (but by no means are limited to):
- Regularly looking at customer data to understand behavior and trends to continually identify points in the marketing conversion funnel that can be optimized and campaigns to increase bottom line revenue
- Brainstorming with the creative team to develop a new set of Tik Tok ads to promote a recent product launch
- Workshopping with the product marketing team to define key value propositions by product to share across the company as talking points each quarter
- Strategize brand tentpole moments and corresponding activations
- Being the final point of sign-off for campaign messaging and assets, such as promo campaigns
- Partnering with the operations team to build the marketing campaign calendar, taking into account seasonality, market trends, and key product-purchase intent moments
- Analyzing a recent merchandising A/B test that re-ordered products on the website and in the app to make a recommendation on the best path forward, and next merchandising test
- Joining user interviews to listen to real customers share their experience with creating a Chatbooks Monthbook collection
- Identifying key partners for a collaboration, creating bespoke pitches, and driving the conversation towards a profitable deal
- Updating the company About Us page on the website to best reflect the company brand values and key product value propositions
- This role includes lots of coaching, mentoring, and fostering supportive relationships with team members -- both direct reports, and others across the team. You will be seen as a leader across the company.
- Deep marketing experience in a B2C role is a MUST. We are looking for a candidate who has 10+ years of experience in B2C marketing, including 5+ years of leading a team.
- This position is mainly remote, however, in a post-Covid world, to be most effective in this role, it would likely require regular time in our Lehi, UT headquarters (ie, a few days a month). We are looking for candidates who see that as a possibility.
Benefits & Perks You'll Enjoy:
- 100% Coverage of medical, dental, and vision, group life and long-term disability insurance
- Paid Holidays & Unlimited PTO with a recommendation to take 1 week off every quarter
- Two week Winter Break
- Stock option grants
- 401k/Retirement Plan
- Headquarters in Lehi, Utah with the option to work 100% remotely
- Company sponsored Work From Home Setup
- Generous paid Parental Leave