In-Kind Donations Operation Intern
Position: In-Kind Donations Operation Intern Organization Overview Mission: Essential Functions Qualifications
Internship Term: September 2021-May 2022
Hours/Week: 10-15 Hours Per Week
Compensation: $11.00 per HourReports to: Chief Operating Officer, Nora Trinidad-Scholle
Since 1906 YWCA Utah has been a voice for women, a force for change, and a place for
hope. Our enduring belief is that better lives for women – all women – will lead to
stronger families and communities. YWCA is Utah’s most comprehensive provider of
family violence services; our programs include walk-in services and a crisis line,
emergency shelter, transitional housing, children’s programs, and a vast array of
supportive services. In addition to our work in the area of family violence, the YWCA also
reaches out broadly into the community with offerings for every woman, including a
nationally accredited child care and early education center, leadership opportunities for
women at all life stages, and opportunities to participate more fully in civic life.
YWCA Utah is dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women, and promoting
peace, justice, freedom, and dignity for all.
YWCA Utah is an equal employment opportunity employer and values a diverse
The In-Kind Donations Operations Intern Position is an exciting new internship that will
facilitate the development of the in-kind donations digital inventory app and
corresponding organization and implementation across YWCA Utah’s six building
campus. This intern will work closely with a donor to build and implement the app that
will help organize and track in-kind donations. This role also provides support for in-kind
donations volunteers including training them on app usage, as well as the corresponding
organization and distribution of donations. This role works closely with specific donors in
order to create a whole new program/ method of organization the in-kind donation
processes. This role aids in building a sustainable, meaningful, and engaging in-kind
donations processes, and efficient inventory management of donations across 6 buildings.
In-Kind Donations Operation Intern is charismatic, welcoming, tech savvy, and takes
initiative. They will help to create a brand new program from the ground up and their
input is vital to the restructuring of the program and efficient campus operations.
• Supports Volunteer & Intern Programs Coordinator with building and facilitating
in-kind donations volunteer program
• Develops digital in-kind donation organization app with donor
• Work with program staff to provide volunteer support
• Supervise volunteers & provide support/recognition
• Builds in-kind donation volunteer processes and procedures
• Develop roles to effectively run our in-kind donations program.
• Work collaboratively with another intern.
Competencies & Essential Skills
• Problem Solving & Analytical Thinker: Ability to solve and analyze problems
effectively and efficiently.
• Communication & Interpersonal Skills: Ability to provide exceptional customer
service to supporters, partners, board members and co-workers. Exceptional
communication skills and ability to respond to difficult situations.
• Time Management: Ability to multitask and work efficiently within close time
constraints. Ability to work under pressure and in a stressful environment.
• Business Knowledge: Ability to master the components of a multi-disciplinary
and multi-programmatic organization and partner organizations. Knowledge and
understanding of Antiracism, gender equity and violence against women.
• Organization: Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize efficiently and
• Judgement & Decision Making: Ability to exercise initiative, sound judgement
and problem solving techniques in the decision-making process.
• Technology & Tools: Ability to use various computer systems and applications
including proficiency in online and electronic communication strategies.
• Commitment to Mission: Demonstrates commitment to YWCA Utah’s mission
and philosophy. Actively engages in YWCA Utah’s anti-racism work.
• Compliance: Adhere to YWCA Utah’s policies and is committed to act legally
and ethically within the scope of the work.
1. Inclusive personality, patient, self-sufficient
2. General knowledge of direct victim services, violence against women and sexual
violence issues; gender and race equity, from a feminist perspective
3. An understanding of, and agreement with, YWCA Utah’s mission, values and
philosophy regarding the elimination of racism, empowerment of women and
commitment to anti-oppression work and social justice.
4. Understanding and commitment to issues of cultural diversity and anti-racism.
5. Ability to work with diverse groups of people
6. Skilled in establishing effective working relationships.
7. Proficiency with general office duties, computer systems and technology.
8. Demonstrated ability to work independently, manage time, evaluate progress, and
adjust activities to complete projects within established timeframe.
9. Able to demonstrate skills in effective communication, conflict resolution and
10. Excellent writing, interpersonal communication, and public speaking skills
11. Understanding of technology and proficient computer skills
Physical & Sensory Demands
Work is generally performed in a safe and comfortable office environment. While
performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to: sit for long periods
of time; use computer to enter data; use telephone to converse with volunteers and
participants; walk and stand for long periods of time; perform repetitive wrist, hand and/or
finger movement. Travel to attend conferences, training, outreach and other events occurs
Equal Opportunity Employer
YWCA Utah is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). If you need assistance or an
accommodation during the application process due to disability, it is available upon
request. No applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Position: In-Kind Donations Operation Intern