Location: Catholic Community Services of Utah, 224 North 2200 West Salt Lake City, Utah 84116
Status: Full-time, Non-exempt with full benefits
Hiring Range: $17.00-$19.00/hr DOE
Catholic Community Services of Utah provides help and creates hope for thousands of people of all beliefs who are most in need in our community through Migration and Refugee Services and Basic Needs Programs.
CCS offers an outstanding benefits package including group health and dental Insurance for employees working 30+ hours per week, 401a and 403b retirement plans, life insurance, and a generous PTO/holiday schedule.
Assume primary responsibility for ensuring the service delivery system is responsive to all the needs of each refugee youth during the service period. Provision of case management services as outlined in the USCCB/MRS cooperative agreement, Reception and Placement regulations, state and federal regulations and in compliance with policies and procedures of Catholic Community Services Migration and Refugee Services Program. All services provided in a manner that will facilitate self-sufficiency within the service period.
Work Environment – inside/outside, office, warehouse, noise, temperature, etc.
- Assess and document youth’s progress in placement, independent living skills, academic development, and adjustment to culture and set up any necessary supports.
- Complete monthly in-home visits with every foster youth assigned.
- Conflict resolution and crisis management.
- Be available for some evening and weekend work, including being on call on for emergencies on a rotating schedule.
- Prepare court reports and service plans in a timely manner and attend all court hearings.
- Attend regular weekly staff meetings and monthly case management meetings.
- Document what happens to youth, case coordination, agency interaction, interagency coordination efforts.
- Submit all federal reports documenting changes and annual outcomes.
- Collaborate with clients, foster parents, and other service staff to provide and refer for best practice services to client and foster families.
- Maintain case files in compliance with all state and federal regulations.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
Physical Demands including bending, sitting, lifting and driving
- Work will be performed primarily inside but will occur in youths’ homes, places of employment, educational institutions, and other locations as needed in addition to being performed in an office.
- Driving is required for this position.
Skills, knowledge and abilities:
- Work requires the ability to sit and stand for long periods, to walk moderate distances, to drive, and occasionally to assist youth with physical activities such as carrying groceries or household supplies.
Education, training and or experience:
- Works independently in a safe, appropriate manner
- Demonstrates both problem solving and problem prevention
- Displays sensitivity to the needs of the youth, foster families, CCS staff, volunteers and other persons with whom the employee may interact
- Recognizes time as a valuable resource and responds promptly to needs of the youth and CCS staff
- Consistently performs work assignments in a timely manner and adheres to deadlines.
- Proficiency in English oral and written communication
- Bi-lingual in Farsi or Spanish strongly preferred
- Must maintain confidentiality regarding the youth
- Proficiency in computer skills that are required for the position
- Personal qualities of openness, respect, compassion, and graciousness in helping the youth assess and face their situations and accept assistance
- Demonstrates cultural competency and a willingness to work with and learn from persons from different cultures
Background Screen/BCI requirement
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or a related field from an accredited institution.
- Familiar with and supportive of the mission of Catholic Community Services of Utah and the vision of the Catholic Church articulated by the diocesan bishop.
- Experience with multi-cultural populations and the refugee community.
- Experience working directly with teenagers. It is also preferred that an applicant have experience working with families regarding youth development and parenting.
Licenses, certifications and credentials
- Must pass a national to pass a BCI/FBI background check
Position status and expected schedule
- SSW or CSW preferred.
- Current Utah driver’s license, proof of auto insurance with minimum policy liability limits of $50,000 per person and $100,000 per occurrence, 21 years of age or older, a clean driving record, and ability to meet CCS vehicle safety requirements.
DISCLAIMER STATEMENT: This job description lists typical examples of work and is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to a position. The employer reserves the right to change or assign other duties to this position.
CCS is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply: Please go to the company website: ccsutah.org and apply under the employment tab.
Position closes: Open until filled
Requisition #: 21.09.04
- This position is full-time (40 hours per week) and non-exempt.
- The general schedule will generally be worked Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:30 AM and 8:00 PM. Rotating weekend on-call schedule 3-4 times a year.