The Strategic Partner Program Manager ("Program Manager" or "PM") reports directly to the Vice President - Risk and Relationship Manager and is responsible for all aspects of the day-to-day oversight, supervision, and management of a designated Strategic Partner and Strategic Partner Program. The core responsibilities are risk management and relationship support, but also includes ongoing reviews of marketing product offerings, credit, operations, compliance, finance, policies and procedures, account management, vendor management, and technology. The Program Manager interacts with and is supported by each respective department within the Bank and third-party resources (i.e. Outside Counsel) required to manage the Strategic Partner Programs.
- Primary point of contact for each assigned Strategic Partner to maintain a balanced approach to managing the risk with the Strategic Partner and the overall relationship.
- Perform risk assessments on assigned Strategic Partners and use the assessments to drive the oversight strategy and manage the operational risks to the Bank.
- Work closely with the assigned Compliance Manager and each respective department that is required (or third party) for ongoing oversight, program and product testing, reviews, and monitoring of the Partner.
- Plan and perform periodic risk-based targeted and annual site visits in collaboration with other Bank departments to review and audit the Strategic Partner's adherence to the established Program Agreement and applicable regulations.
- Regular interaction with each respective Strategic Partner to identify, track and review progress related to any managed issues, opportunities and contractual requirements.
- Work with the Strategic Partner to obtain and review monthly, quarterly and annual reporting metrics.
- Liaise with the Bank's Credit Department to review all aspects of the Strategic Partner's credit program, including initial and ongoing review and approval of credit policies, scorecards, and underwriting processes.
- Review and Analyze customer complaint information in order to better understand customer concerns, identify potential issues and seek opportunities to improve the partner program.
- Work with Outside Counsel to review and approve all required Strategic Partner Program material including policies, procedures and customer facing documentation.
- Support Bank management during regulatory exams or internal audits.
- Support Business Development with the onboarding of new Strategic Partners as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5 years of finance (or related) experience, or related Master’s degree with 3 years of finance experience, primarily focused on operations, risk and relationship management. Consumer and commercial private-label or bank card products experience is a plus.
- Good people-management and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work well in a team or individually.
- Experience dealing with regulators (FDIC, Utah Department of Financial Institutions) is highly desired.
- Strong knowledge of the current banking regulatory environment is required.
- Ability to analyze complex issues with strong attention to detail; identify and drive strategic solutions.
- Skill in coordinating with other departments to accomplish mutual goals between the Bank and its Partners.
- Advanced project management skills
- Assertive self-starter, with exceptional professional verbal/written skills, who is highly organized and able to work independently to finish assigned projects.