Our client is a global leader in the financial services industry that offers full-stack payments & financial services to consumers, online merchants, and online platforms.
The VP, US Product will be the leading product executive of the Company's US business. This leader has the incredible opportunity and awesome responsibility to introduce next-level innovation to the US payments industry. Building on Company's existing solutions, the VP, Product will work closely with the EVP & General Manager, US Market, VP, US Engineering, and the broader global team to define and execute on the Company's US strategic product roadmap while also building a world-class US team of sales, engineering, and product professionals.
If you have dreamed of a role that enables you to be in the driver’s seat of building a go-to-market strategy from conception to execution, along with an all-star team, this is your chance. You will be working in a fast-paced, ambitious, and purpose-driven environment, supported by a global team of innovators and change-makers.
Leading the development and prioritization of the US strategic roadmap, go-to-market strategy, and production adoption, you must be highly ambitious with a major inclination toward action. The Company's massive success comes from a culture focused on speed, no hierarchy, and drive to continuously chase the “why?”. You must thrive in ambiguity and tackle every opportunity or challenge with a “can-do” attitude. You will be joining an organization that continues to defy what others believe is possible.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Act as a champion, co-creator, and product thought leader for the US business internally and externally. Demonstrate leadership, expertise, innovation, vision, and the company values in all actions.
- In partnership with US executive team, establish, drive, and communicate the product vision, roadmap and go-to-market strategy for the US utilizing a deep understanding of customer experience, competitive landscape, and market insights.
- Act with the wherewithal to pull off a starter product with speed and agility. Drive continuous innovation in product by understanding customer needs and market intelligence.
- Translate complex product features into a compelling narrative that tells the Company brand story and value to the US market/customers.
- Develop and build a diverse and talented product team to support the company’s success, driving the creation of a culture aligned with the values of the Company. Provide strong and credible leadership, setting a unified direction for the team to follow.
- Lead product planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle, including quantitative and qualitative analysis to identify opportunities, prioritizing customer requirements, pricing strategies, messaging/positioning development, launch and adoption.
- Ensure the product team is a proactive partner and innovator in driving US product execution by thinking critically about business problems, developing easy-to-implement solutions, and clearly communicating them to business partners.
- Balance short-term versus long-term actions, strategic versus tactical requirements, while continuing to move forward toward the strategic vision.
- Represent the Company and the product line in the public arena, serving as the voice of the company at US conferences and events, online and with potential business partners.
- Lead market research efforts, working closely with other functions to constantly provide data-driven insights and competitive intelligence to progress the business/product.
THE EXPERIENCE YOU WILL NEED TO SUCCEED
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Marketing, Business or equivalent is required, a Master’s degree is preferred. A degree in Computer Science is a major advantage.
- Minimum of 7 years progressive technology product development/management leadership experience, preferably building fintech SaaS products is required.
- Tested go-to-market leadership experience in rapidly growing organizations is required. Must demonstrate success in leading product journey from early start-up through rapid growth stage.
- Exceptional customer experience intuition combined with strategic market intelligence, demonstrated success in creating innovative products and customer facing features.
- Experience building and leading a team of product professionals with an obsession for understanding and improving the customer experience is required.
- Proven experience working directly with the senior leadership of an organization as an advisor in which keen business acumen, understanding of financials, profit and loss, customer segmentation and market trends as it relates to product and innovation is required.
- Possess an extreme bias toward action and ability to work with high-energy in a fast-paced work environment is required.
- Proven ability to collaborate broadly across all levels of a highly matrixed organization to achieve results with cross-functional teams, including with internal and external customers, peers and executive leaders is required.
WHAT YOU WILL ACHIEVE IN THE FIRST YEAR
- Learn the Company products and personally own all aspects of US product success. Establish strong rapport and credibility with Company global leadership team and other key stakeholders, becoming a trusted advisor for US market.
- Working alongside the EVP & General Manager, US Market and Engineering team, move quickly to identify the key market opportunities and customer segment “sweet spot” to introduce the Company product(s) to the US market. Aggressively develop and execute the product plan, prioritizing speed and adjusting as you go.
- Drive early micro-wins to prove feasibility of US GTM strategy.
- Build the Salt Lake City based US product team.
WHO YOU ARE
- You thrive in a fast-paced, start-up tech environment and can rise above the chaotic environment to deliver results.
- You excel in situations in which you must operate with partial information and ambiguity.
- You not only fret about product strategy (what should be built and for whom) but also on every minor detail (why is the splash screen around for 0.25 seconds longer than necessary). You are a catalyst that believes in delivering the best experience possible for users/customers.
- You are a self-driven leader who holds themselves and their team accountable. You can work well with minimal guidance and in a fluid environment.
- You love technology and obsess about your product. Your friends think of you as having an addition to your gadgets and secretly envy you for all the stuff you know about every new product before anyone else.
- You are known for strong opinions on different products; you scorn the ones you dislike and can’t stop talking about those you love. At social gatherings, when you speak about how the world would be in the next few years, people listen and never interrupt because they are in awe of your ability to imagine a new world.
- You can merge objectivity in analysis and create an emotional connection to the user by speaking to them from your heart.
- You demonstrate superior organization, communication, interpersonal and leadership skills.
- You can effectively negotiate with internal or external customers using strong interpersonal skills, both written and verbal.
- You transcend titles and hierarchies, instead you focus on breaking down barriers to ensure success of the team and business.
- You are a leader with the proven ability to lead and motivate a team of direct or indirect professionals. You inspire trust and set an example of integrity and ownership.
Applicants must currently reside in the United States.