The Human Resources Manager serves as a value-add business partner and internal consultant. This position will include both hands on and strategic support for required administrative duties associated with benefits administration, compensation, recruitment, employee relations, leave administration, talent development, safety, compliance, payroll and HR systems.
Staffing and Recruitment
Employee and Labor Relations
- Develop and execute a recruitment plan that aligns with business objectives, incorporates traditional and non-traditional recruitment sources and ensures the casting of a "wide net" to attract and introduce qualified diverse candidates to the organization.
- Manage and execute the recruitment process; advertising, job descriptions, applicant screening, interview scheduling, and reference checks.
- Manage and develop relationships with recruitment agencies and other organizations.
- Develop, execute and maintain new employee “on-boarding” process
Compensation, Benefits and Payroll/HRIS
- Ensure compliance across company policies and procedures.
- Manages employee issues and grievances to satisfactory resolution and provides guidance to supervisors and managers addressing employee issues and grievances.
- Ensures organizational compliance with labor laws and guidelines including but not limited to Federal and local DOL, EEOC, etc.
- Facilitate the Employee Engagement (iSay) survey process and actively drive implementing action plans improve engagement.
- Provide expertise in strategy development and execution, planning, and facilitation of employee relations and engagement initiatives.
- Work with a high level of confidentiality and discretion in dealing with sensitive employee or organizational information.
HR Administration and Compliance
- Lead and manage compensation plans; prepare and implement annual salary plans, develop and align compensation plans to drive desired employee and business performance.
- Function as a subject matter expert for HR systems.
- Maintain HRIS, Archer and other HR systems. Ensure culture of data integrity and accuracy of HRIS data
- Act as back up to the payroll administrator. Manage payroll systems, time and attendance systems, and ensure data integrity.
- Coordinate and manage benefits plans; annual benefits open enrollment, and issue resolution.
- Support leave management processes including FMLA, Parental Leave and Disability.
- Act as the location Ethics Officer to coordinate and manage compliance with all applicable regulatory and corporate and local policies and procedures.
- Develop, implement and maintain all required regulatory reporting; AAP, EEO-1, VETS-100, OSHA 300, etc.
- Serve as the onsite coordinator for the IDEX Foundation
- Build strong relationships with HR peers, employees and Leaders across the organization.
- Partner with Leaders to apply talent development strategies and action plans.
- Coordinate and manage training initiatives; Organizational Talent Review, tuition Provide ongoing Leadership coaching and development.
- reimbursement, skills training, and management development.
- Coordinate and manage career development plans, based on performance reviews, 360 reviews, Talent/HR Review, etc.
- Guide the performance management process for both Leaders and employees.
Safety & Risk Management
· Partner with Operations leadership to manage all required and agreed upon safety programs and training
Manage other duties or projects as assigned.
- Act as liaison with Workers Compensation insurer to manage all workers compensation claims to closure.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field.
- 5+ years in in Human Resources Generalist role with 2+ years of HR management experience role preferably in a manufacturing environment or a combination of education and experience
- Broad business knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communication and organizational skills
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability and experience working in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Excellent team player and interpersonal skills
- Must have the ability to effectively communicate with employees at all levels of the organization
- Strong initiative, excellent communication and interpersonal skills. This position requires an extremely perceptive person (organizational and situational awareness), who can relate to individuals at all levels.
- Ability to create a culture of diversity, inclusion, collaboration and teamwork.
- Experience with analyzing data to guide strategic decisions (employment, engagement, etc.)
- Excellent ability to prioritize and manage time efficiently.
- Gain trust and confidence of leadership.
- Be a strategic leader who is clear and convincing.
- Show initiative, creativity and exercise sound judgment.
- Be organized, detailed and excellent at managing your resources, data and time.
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
- SPHR Certification
- Proficient with, or the ability to quickly learn, Kronos payroll system and Workday HRIS system
- Able to travel
- Able to work extended hours.