Lead Application Developer
Preferred Location: San Francisco, CA
Other Location(s): Los Angeles, CA or Seattle, WA or Salt Lake City, UT or Phoenix, AZ or Portland, OR
The Federal Reserve Bank’s National IT department has a phenomenal opportunity to join the IAM S&E team (Identity & Access Management, Systems and Engineering) as a Lead Application Developer. If you are interested in applying your leadership, technical experience and strong customer-centric skills within the IAM profession, we want to hear from you. This is an excellent opportunity to be a part of an evolving and dynamic IT organization housed in the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco. As a member of the IAM S& E development team, you will collaborate with stakeholders and customers across the Federal Reserve System and be part of a National IT team driving a key strategic initiative.
The successful candidate has extensive experience designing test automation strategies, identifying and selecting automation frameworks and approaches for Identity and Access Management (IAM) systems and related software components used within large, highly integrated and regulated enterprise-class Development/Operations projects. The position requires strategic and tactical leadership to help lead the implementation of Identity and Access Governance (IAG) and Identity Lifecycle Management (IDLM) software. Strong system integration, security, development, and expertise in all manner of testing is a must, including manual, unit, functional, system, performance, and integration testing, white and gray box analytical skills, attention to detail and significant experience with security concepts, databases, SQL, Java, and all Web languages.
As a Lead Application Developer, you will be part of an agile development and QA team designing, developing, coding, testing, and deploying new software and enhancements to existing applications that support our IAM governance posture. On this team, you will lead implementation of new applications, new IAM integration strategies, and utilize capabilities into new product offerings. The position requires strategic and tactical leadership to exemplify and help set best development practices and currency. You easily collaborate with diverse team members and love to deep dive into business challenges to surface potential innovations. You have proven experience in developing new software and software enhancements, as well as working on projects of moderate to major complexity. This position does require occasional weekend and after hour’s coverage supporting application deployments, business activities, and acting as a point of escalation should severe issues be encountered.
• Assist with and execute on strategy to modernize the current SDLC making use of contemporary DevOps practices.
• Lead peer developers in understanding and making use of best development practices.
• Develop secure software based on modern best practices, including authentication, and encryption.
• Document operational process, standards, and guidelines.
• Help develop and monitor key performance indicators and metrics.
• Coordinate Middleware team implementation and testing activities for Infrastructure related changes.
• Identify and implements process improvement opportunities
• Contribute to and develop for reusable frameworks including the coding of reusable and data-driven components and functions
• Participate in detailed reviews and walkthroughs with business partners and customers
• Collect metrics to measure development progress against established and proposed standards
• Champion test automation
• 7+ years of enterprise-level application development programming experience, including an understanding of optimization, performance ramifications of coding decisions, and object-oriented design.
• Experience with configuring and integrating IAM systems with third party, and/or with vendor-supplied solutions.
• Experience in security policy development and security lifecycle management as it relates to IAM.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Systems/Programming, related discipline, or equivalent experience.
• Strong communication and documentation skills.
• Experience with and working knowledge of:
o Scripting languages, including: PowerShell, Bash, BeanShell
o Java: Servlets, JSF, Spring, JUnit, Hibernate, Log4j or other logging framework
o SQL Development (Oracle)
o Application Servers: Tomcat, Apache
• Source control tools (Subversion, Git, or other).
• Strong analytical and design skills, including the ability to understand the functional user stories/requirements, design, build, and test.
• Familiar DevOps tools: Jenkins, Maven, Chef, SonarQube, Nexus.
• Experience with Agile methodology.
• Must be a U.S Citizen, or a Green Card Holder with an intent to become a U.S Citizen
• Identity and Access Management knowledge (IAM).
• Experience upgrading and patching Sailpoint IdentityIQ systems.
• Experience with all Sailpoint IdentityIQ modules: LCM, Reporting/Analytics and Certifications, and the workflow engine.
• Application enrollment into Sailpoint IdentityIQ
• Experience integrating with Active Directory, Oracle Directory Server Enterprise Edition, Radiant Logic, and other directory-oriented products and services.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
At the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, we believe in the diversity of our people, ideas, and experiences and are committed to building an inclusive culture that is representative of the communities we serve. The Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Preferred Location: San Francisco, CA