Location: Catholic Community Services of Utah, 437 West 200 South, Salt Lake City, Utah, 84101
Status: Full-time, Non-exempt with full benefits
Hiring Range: $13.00- $15.00/hr DOE
Catholic Community Services of Utah provides help and creates hope for thousands of people of all beliefs who are most in need in our community through Migration and Refugee Services and Basic Needs programs.
CCS offers an outstanding benefits package including group health and dental insurance for employees working 30+ hours per week, 401a and 403b retirement plans and a generous PTO/holiday schedule.
Assist in the preparation, serving and clean-up of meals at St. Vincent de Paul Dining Hall.
- Assist Kitchen Manager and staff in preparing and planning of meals for SVDP and three homeless resource centers.
- Inform Kitchen Manager of incoming donations.
- Delegate tasks to volunteers and others to ensure food is ready on time.
- Assist Kitchen Manager and staff in keeping food commodities on a first in and first out system to rotate product.
- Exercise a "team effort" with both staff and volunteers.
- Greet volunteers and assign their service positions based upon their abilities.
- Ensure dish-room positions are filled and trained.
- Report any kitchen and equipment problems to the Kitchen Manager.
- Help maintain the cleanliness of general kitchen area and equipment.
- Store leftover food properly.
- Cleaning up serving area and dish room.
- Coordinate with dining room coordinators to close and secure dining room.
- Ensure that only designated staff is allowed in kitchen during meal preparation.
- Ensure all Health Department regulations are observed by staff and volunteers.
- Other duties as assigned.
Work Environment inside/outside, office, warehouse, noise, temperature, etc.
Physical Demands including bending, sitting, lifting and driving
- Ability to work outside and inside, in cold and hot conditions.
- Uses caution when working near icy and slippery conditions.
- Use ear protection and other necessary person protection equipment while operating equipment.
- Uses caution while working in kitchen near hot equipment and sharp objects.
Skills, knowledge and abilities:
- Ability to stand for hours at a time
- Ability to safely lift and move objects up to 100 lbs.
- Use personal protective equipment (PPE) as needed.
Education, training and or experience:
- Experience in food preparation of large quantities of food.
- Experience in nutritional meal planning.
- Creativity and flexibility in food preparation.
- Ability to supervise large volunteer groups (10-30 people).
- Ability to delegate work assignments to others.
- Ability to get along with people, particularly with volunteers.
- Ability to approach problem situations with tact and sensitivity.
- Attend and contribute to staff meetings.
Background Screen/BCI requirement
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Culinary school certificate and/or three years' industrial food preparation experience.
Licenses, certifications and credentials
- Must pass a national BCI/FBI background check.
Position status and expected schedule
- Must be familiar with safe food handling procedures and maintain a current Salt Lake County food handlers permit and Serve Safe certification.
DISCLAIMER STATEMENT: This job description lists typical examples of work and is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to a position. The employer reserves the right to change or assign other duties to this position. CCS is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply: Please go the company website: ccsutah.org and apply under the employment tab.
Position closes: Open until filled
Requisition #: 21.04.03
- Full-time, 40 hours per week.
- Wednesday through Saturday 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM.