Location: Catholic Community Services of Utah, 224 North 2200 West, Salt Lake City, Utah 84116
Status: Full-time, Non-exempt with full benefits
Hiring Range: $16.00-$18.00/ hr DOE
Catholic Community Services of Utah provides help and creates hope for thousands of people of all beliefs who are most in need in our community through Migration and Refugee Services and Basic Needs Programs.
CCS offers an outstanding benefits package including group health and dental insurance for employees working 30+ hours per week, life insurance, 401a and 403b retirement plans, and a generous PTO/holiday schedule.
This position is responsible for all aspects of payroll, recording deposits, ordering supplies, and month-end journal entries. This position also assists with other finance duties as assigned by the Finance Director.
- Maintain an open line of communication and coordination with the administrative director to ensure all required deadlines are met on time.
- Awareness of unallowable expenses, which cannot be charged to a government contract.
- Knowledge of the internal control structure regarding accounts payable, purchasing, cash receipts, etc. to ensure that all procedures are followed unless approved by the executive director.
- Review cash receipt entries, as needed for proper coding, and record the deposit in Accufund.
- Enter employee payroll information from the maintenance file.
- Perform payroll data entry and maintain payroll files.
- Prepare payroll liability check requests and reports.
- Ensure all payroll information is to be kept confidential between the HR Director, the Finance Director, and the Contract Compliance Director.
Work Environment inside/outside, office, warehouse, noise, temperature, etc.
- Reconcile payroll liability accounts and the payroll cash account.
- Prepare A/P month-end journal entry for copier expense, copy paper, vehicle mileage, and printing expense.
- Prepare bus pass reconciliation and pick-up new bus passes.
- Download and send financial reports to program directors.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Physical Demands including bending, sitting, lifting and driving
- This position is in a professional office environment using standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
Skills, knowledge and abilities:
- This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, carry 25 pounds, open filing cabinets and bend, reaching or standing as necessary.
Education, training and or experience:
- Applicants must have a background in payroll, general ledger, accounts payable, and accounts receivable
- Proficiency at Excel is required
- Experience in payroll and computer accounting software
- Ability to work accurately and quickly with a minimum of supervision
- Proficient with Ten key by touch
- Mental abilities include knowledge of grammar, spelling, understanding of verbal and written instructions, and time management
- Strong organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Able to maintain pleasant and professional working relationships with staff
- Ability to serve as a member of Catholic Community Services of Utah staff committed to fulfilling the mission of CCS serving clients and each other in an atmosphere of hospitality, which is characterized by cooperation and a positive, respectful relationship with each individual
Background Screen/BCI requirement
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or equivalent experience
- Experience with nonprofit accounting software a plus; Accufund preferred
- Payroll experience including using payroll software to prepare payroll; Paylocity preferred
- Knowledge of accounting principles for not-for-profit corporations is a plus
Licenses, certifications and credentials
- Must pass BCI/FBI background check.
Position status and expected schedule
- Current Utah driver's license, proof of auto insurance, a clean driving record, and ability to meet CCS vehicle safety and auto insurance requirements.
DISCLAIMER STATEMENT: This job description lists typical examples of work and is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to a position. The employer reserves the right to change or assign other duties to this position. CCS is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply: Please go to the company website: ccsutah.org and apply under the employment tab.
Position closes: Open until filled
Requisition #: 21.05.01
- This is a full-time, non-exempt position.
- The general schedule will consist of 40 hours working Monday through Friday during normal business hours from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm.