Location: Catholic Community Services of Utah
Hiring Range: $13.00-$15.00/hr DOE
Catholic Community Services of Utah provides help and creates hope for thousands of people of all beliefs who are most in need in our community through Migration and Refugee Services and Basic Needs programs.
CCS offers an outstanding benefits package including group health and dental insurance for employees working 30+ hours per week, 401a and 403b retirement plans and a generous PTO/holiday schedule.
Primary Function of Position
Conduct outreach to youth who have aged out of refugee foster care and are eligible for services in response to a COVID-19 policy.
Major Position Responsibilities
Work Environment inside/outside, office, warehouse, noise, temperature, etc.
- Become an expert on the affiliated policies and eligibility requirements for extended and flexible services.
- Use social media and other strategies to perform outreach to youth, young adults, and other community providers to make them aware of expanded Chafee funding and available supports.
- Provide direct services to youth who have aged out of foster care by helping them temporarily re-enter the program, connecting to resources, navigating finances and post-secondary educational opportunities, etc.
- Document all activities.
- Participate in weekly Refugee Foster Care staff meetings and monthly Transition to Adult Living meetings.
- Demonstrate a commitment to quality improvement.
- Assist the Emancipated Youth Liaison as needed.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Physical Demands including bending, sitting, lifting and driving
- Work will be performed primarily inside an office, in the homes where young adults reside, educational facilities, and other community organizations.
Skills, Knowledge, and/or Abilities
- Work requires the ability to sit and stand for long periods, to walk moderate distances, and to drive.
- Driving is required for this position.
Education, Training and/or Experience
- Work independently in safe, appropriate manner.
- Demonstrate both problem solving and problem prevention.
- Display sensitivity to the needs of clients, client's families, visitors, co-workers, volunteers, and other persons with whom the employee may interact.
- Recognize time as a valuable resource and respond promptly to needs of clients, and co-workers. Consistently perform work assignments in a time-efficient manner. Adhere to deadlines.
- Proficiency in English oral and written communication. Bilingual strongly preferred.
- Must maintain confidentiality regarding client information.
- Proficiency in computer skills to conduct research, complete documentation, and to schedule and e-mail using Microsoft 365.
Background Screen/BCI requirement
- Bachelor's degree in social work, education, or a related field from an accredited institution preferred.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with community outreach
- Familiar with and supportive of the mission of Catholic Community Services of Utah and the vision of the Catholic Church articulated by the diocesan bishop.
- Experience with multi-cultural and refugee communities.
Licenses, certifications and credentials
- Must pass a national BCI/FBI background check.
Position status and expected schedule
- Current Utah driver's license, proof of auto insurance with minimum policy liability limits of $50,000 per person and $100,000 per occurrence, 21 years of age or older, a clean driving record, and ability to meet CCS vehicle safety requirements.
- This position is full-time, non-exempt, and temporary with an estimated end date of September 30, 2021.
- The general schedule will consist of 40 hours to be worked between Monday and Friday between the hours of 8 AM and 9:30 PM.