Leads Trebor’s global sales activities and teams; both direct sales teams and other sales channels via agents, dealers and distributors. Is a key member of the leadership team of the business. Primary objectives are to optimize the structures, resources, roles, responsibilities and processes across all sales teams and activities in order to achieve or exceed monthly, quarterly and annual orders, revenue and margin targets for the business. Key contributor to the STRAP (strategic planning) and AOP (annual budgeting) processes.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintains an understanding of the macro economic trends, competitive trends and dynamics in the geographies and market segments.
- Uses market size and growth data by geography, by market segment and by customer type to help provide high level order forecasts for use in AOP, STRAP plans and other long-range planning.
- Works with finance to develop and roll out monthly forecasting processes and tools to provide operations and business leadership with forward visibility of detailed order intake forecasts.
- Establishes, develops and manages global sales teams working with the respective regional business managers for each region. Ensures that teams are appropriately resourced and have training, tools and support to enable them to meet or beat their orders, revenue and margin targets.
- Works with the regional business managers to roll out agreed channel strategies. Provides input to help develop criteria for selection of strategic partner dealers, tactical dealers, etc., rolls out commercial terms and contracts, ensures terms are monitored and adhered to
- Provides overall direction to set orders and revenue targets for sales regions and individual sales territories. Ensures that targets are in line with the overall business objectives.
- Provides regular communication of metrics related to orders and revenue achieved and relationship to targets including AOP and business forecasts.
- Assists in the development of sales incentive plans. Ensures data for payments is accurate and timely.
- Establishes best practices for sales processes to standardize work, including the use of CRM. Ensures that all sales team members are adopting best practice and are using processes and tools as defined and agreed.
- Works with finance to develop costing and pricing models and rolls out global pricing structures and price lists.
- Develop and maintain sales reporting tools and analytics. Presents sales reports and forecasts by territory, geography, customer, market segment, product type, etc.,
- Maintains close communication with the product manager and head of R&D to provide input and insight regarding customer requirements, market dynamics and competitive activity in identified geographies and market segments.
- Fosters a sales environment that quickly identifies new opportunities and information to improve business performance. Keeps in tune with newest trends, technology and innovation related to the sales process.
- Obtain customer or industry information that assists in responding to customer's needs and requirements; Capitalizes on industry knowledge and customer contacts to uncover future business opportunities; Understands the formal and informal decision-making process within each of the accounts
- Develop strategic customer relationships ensuring that all customer requirements are identified and met driving new business opportunities for all assigned accounts.
- Manages functional expenditure budgets for the global sales function. Ensures that expenditure is held within agreed limits.
- In conjunction with the finance function, manages the expense process for all members of the global sales teams; Ensures that expenses are dealt with according to IDEX policies and processes.
- Uses the tools available from Trebor/IDEX to manage and develop talent on team.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Physical Activities Required to Perform Essential Functions
- Ability to: lift and carry up to 40 lbs. occasionally, movement within an office complex and outside in the field.
- Write by hand and keyboard.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills required.
- Travel is required.
- Requires significant travel (potentially 25-33%) in any territory to attend meetings, work with global sales teams, visit customers, etc. Travel environments will vary with exposure to industrial environments and geographic region.
- Must be comfortable traveling in geographic locations where customs and cultures are unfamiliar
Are you ready to join a different kind of company where our people, our culture, and our commitments are centered around providing trusted solutions that improve lives around the world?
- MSc, BSc or equivalent in a relevant science or engineering discipline.
- MBA would be highly desirable.
- 5+ years experience of business to business selling via direct sales teams and dealers/distributors/agents.
- Knowledge of pumping and heating solutions and semiconductor sales experience highly desirable.
- 5+ years experience working with international sales teams including substantial experience working with sales in USA, Europe and S.E Asia.
- Fluent with the use of spreadsheets, analytical tools, statistical methods of forecasting and presentation of metrics in tabular or graphical formats.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and presentation skills.
- Confident and credible when working with internal and external groups at all levels. Able to use their knowledge and credibility to influence individuals and teams to achieve the desired outcomes.
- Proven track record leading sales teams to achieve orders, revenue and margin targets in a business focused on rapid revenue growth.
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple simultaneous projects.
- Strong ethics
- Experienced in strategic, consultative selling across multiple geographies. Able to call on previous experiences to drive best practices and commercial excellence.
- Familiar with the concepts and practice of value selling. Committed to using value selling tools and processes to maximize the effectiveness of sales as measured by order intake and margin achieved.
- Ability to work across a number of functions and teams in the business. Able to motivate and mobilize individuals and teams behind strategies to maximize the commercial success
- Ability to communicate and roll out processes so that global teams are fully informed, trained and are getting the maximum benefit from the processes and definitions developed.
- Highly focused and committed to meeting orders and revenues targets. Able to break down barriers in the way of reaching targets and of motivating the global sales teams to meet or exceed targets each month/quarter/year.
IDEX is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. IDEX gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other consideration or protected category made unlawful by federal, state or local laws (Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled).